English Edwardian Art Nouveau sterling silver three-basket epergne centerpiece.
- Made by James Dixon & Sons in Sheffield in 1905.
- Large round and shallow basket set in round mount with shell-and-scroll apron.
- Knopped baluster on raised and bellied base.
- Two scrolling and whiplash arms, each supporting ring inset with smaller same basket.
- Four scrolling stretchers mounted to central pendant knops and same supports on quatrefoil feet.
- Pierced loose and fluid leaves and scrollwork.
- Gadrooned rims.
- Fully marked including maker's stamp.
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 16 inches / 40.64 cm
Width: 22 inches / 55.88 cm
Depth: 8.75 inches / 22.23 cm
Edwardian, Aesthetic Movement
Country of Origin