George V Neoclassical-style sterling silver seahorse and dolphin wine cooler centerpiece.
- Made by Reid & Sons in Newcastle on Tyne.
- Curved and tapering oval bowl with straight and inset neck.
- Cast Neptune heads applied to rim and strapwork scrolls applied to shoulder.
- Seahorse end handles (that is part horse and part twisting, scaly tail).
- Raised oval foot on four cast dolphin supports.
- Cast strapwork in beaded frames alternating with rondels.
- Fully marked including London assay stamp and date letter.
Wear and light scratches with age and use.
Height: 13.5 inches / 34.29 cm
Width: 19.75 inches / 50.16 cm
Depth: 12.75 inches / 32.38 cm
Heavy weight: 138 troy ounces
Country of Origin