Vincenzo Feoli (Italian, 1750–1831) engraver of topographic, architectural and archaeological drawings.
- Sold as a set of 2.
- Pair of double-page folding engraved plates after Miccinelli and Costa.
- Magnificent series of extra-large plate illustrates the Vatican Museum at the end of the 18th century.
- The Pio-Clementino museum, named after the two popes who oversaw its foundation, Clement
XIV Ganganelli (1769–1774) and Pius VI Braschi (1775–1799), house the nucleus of the pontifical
collections of classical sculpture dating back to the original collection of Pope Julius II (1503–1513).
- During the second half of the 18th century the pontifical collections were enormously expanded, both as a result of excavations being carried out in Rome and Lazio and by donations from collectors and antiquaries.
- Vincenzo Feoli engraved 24 large plates depicting the new rooms of the Vatican Museum of Antiquities (Pio-Clementino Museum), radically renovated by Pius VI and celebrated with a seven-
volume catalogue by Giambattista and Ennio Quirino Visconti; these three plates are from this
Not examined out of frame.
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 32.68 inches / 83 cm
Width: 77.56 inches / 197 cm
Gilt Wood, Paper, Glass