An attractively bound set of Eliot's works, all in first edition, containing all of her major novels.
- Sold as a set of 29.
- Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons, 1858-1885.
- 29 vols.
- Bound in full tan polished calf, spines stamped in gilt, with red and blue morocco title labels, by Root & Son.
- Some volumes without half-titles, most without terminal ads, original wrappers bound in at the rear for Daniel Deronda.
- Scenes of Clerical Life, 1858 (2 vols.)
- Adam Bede, 1859 (3 vols.)
- Silas Marner, 1861
- Mill on the Floss, 1860 (3 vols.)
- Romola, 1863 (3 vols)
- Felix Holt, 1866 (3 vols.)
- Spanish Gypsy, 1868
- Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life, 1871-2 (4 vols.)
- Daniel Deronda, 1876 (4 vols.)
- Theophrastus Such, 1879
- Essays, 1884
- Life of George Eliot, 1885 (3 vols.)
English literature and history, Novels