Christofle announces a special collaboration with artist Junichi Hakose, one of the most acclaimed Japanese lacquer and special craft “Maki-e” artists.
- This work depicts the Yoshino cherry blossom that covers Mount Yoshino in Nara, a famous cherry blossom spot representative of Japan.
- The brightly colored blossoms are drawn in contrast to the red at the bottom, presenting a varied range of expression of cherry blossoms in a single work.
- Twenty-four piece flatware set in decorative lacquer egg-shaped case comprising six each of forks, knives, tablespoons and coffee spoons.
- Silver-plated flatware decorated with lacquer, 24K gold, silver with palladium, seashell (Turbo marmoratus) and pigment.
- Presented in a custom oak box, with drawers lined with anti-tarnish fabric to place the cutlery.
- Limited edition, 1 of 8.
- The Sakura of Yoshino by artist Junichi Hakose is not intended for dining purposes.
- Accompanied by letter of certification.
- Learn more about Christofle’s partnership with Sotheby’s here.
- This item is final sale and not eligible for return.
Height: 11.8 inches / 29.97 cm
Diameter: 7.9 inches / 20.07 cm
Lacquer, Gold, Silver
Asian Decorative Arts
Conditions of Business
Please note that the cancellation right for EU/UK purchasers applies to this item. Please read Condition 19 of the Buy Now Marketplace Conditions of Business for buyers for more information. Read more here.