English Victorian sterling silver box.
- Made by William Thomas Wright and Frederick Davis in London in 1885.
- Rectangular with straight sides.
- Cover flat and hinged with tapering tab.
- Engraved racecourse scenes. On cover and front, horses thunder past spectators in bowlers and top hats. On ends and back are ambling, prancing thoroughbreds being put through the paces by trainers.
- Interior cedar-lined and partitioned.
- Leather-lined bottom.
- Fully marked.
Wear and patina consistent with age and use.
Height: 1.88 inches / 4.76 cm
Width: 6.88 inches / 17.46 cm
Depth: 3.5 inches / 8.89 cm
Gross Weight: 18 troy ounces
Cedar, Leather, Sterling Silver
Victorian, Aesthetic Movement