English Victorian sterling silver equestrian place card holders.
- Sold as a set of 6.
- Made by Samuel Jacob in London, 1896-1902.
- Includes jockeys, polo players and hedge-jumping hunters.
- Hinged c-scroll support.
- Cut out with chasing, stippling and tooling.
- Fully marked including date letters 1896 (3), 1901 (1) and 1902 (2).
- Five holders with different design numbers registered between 1894 and 1897.
- Three with retailer’s stamp, Thornhill & Co.
Wear and patination consistent with age and handling.
Height: 2.75 inches / 6.99 cm
Width: 3.13 inches / 7.95 cm
Depth: 1.63 inches / 4.14 cm
Total weight: 8 troy ounces
Country of Origin