American Greek Revival sterling silver gilt centerpiece kylix.
- Made by Edward C. Moore for Tiffany & Co. at Union Square, New York.
- Shallow oval bowl with high-looping split end handles.
- Foot same with four cast paw supports.
- Kylix-inspired form applied with cast classical female heads, and scrolls and paterae.
- Foot has scrolled apron with raised ornament.
- Leaf-and-dart borders.
- Monogram with years 1849 and 1874.
- Exterior has butler finish.
- Fully marked including maker’s and retailer’s stamps (1870-5), and pre-1875 pattern number 2576.
A near identical pattern (number 2575) illustrated in: Carpenter, Tiffany Silver, 1997, p. 67.
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 5.25 inches / 13.34 cm
Width: 12.38 inches / 31.45 cm
Depth: 8.38 inches / 21.29 cm
Sterling Silver, Silver Gilt
Aesthetic Movement, Victorian
Country of Origin