American sterling silver chrysanthemum hot water kettle on stand made by Tiffany & Co. in New York.
- Kettle: Ovoid with tooled scrolls.
- Wavy rim applied with alternating flowerhead and leaf pattern.
- Denser and less orderly bunches wrapped around s-scroll spout and sides of concave bracket stationary handle.
- Cover domed and side hinged with bud finial.
- Engraved armorial.
- Stand: Square with concave sides and flattened volute scroll corner supports with leaf and flowerhead mounts.
- Open x-form sides wrapped and inset with same.
- Heating element has leaf border.
- Kettle, stand and heating element are all fully marked including maker’s stamp, pattern number 6176 (first produced in 1880), order number 4401 and director’s letter M (1873–91).
Patination and wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 14 inches / 35.56 cm
Width: 10.5 inches / 26.67 cm
Depth: 8 inches / 20.32 cm
Heavy total weight: 91 troy ounces
Victorian, Aesthetic Movement
Country of Origin