Ostertag was founded in the 1920’s by Swiss-born Arnold Ostertag, who opened his jewelry house in Place Vendôme in 1922, as well as in Cannes, Le Touquet and New York. At the time his creations equaled those of the great houses of Place Vendôme, and his jewelry was highly sought after by both a French and American clientele. Strongly inspired by India, he often used engraved or ribbed colored gemstones in his pieces. Ostertag was well versed in the codes of the decorative arts, which he also applied in the creation of various exquisite objects: clocks, bags, powder compacts, cigarette cases. Ostertag participated in the 1929 Musée Galliera exhibition “Les Arts de la Bijouterie, Joaillerie et Orfèvrerie » in Paris, where our diamond brooch was exhibited.
In 1939 he moved to the United States, where he died in 1940.