The present marbles relate closely to a pair of smaller gilt terracotta angels from the Stiftsmuseum in Heiligenkreuz (inv. nos. 101, 102) by the Italian-born Baroque sculptor Giovanni Giuliani, who was active in Vienna in the early 18th century. The poses and drapery compare well, whilst the plump, summarily carved faces can be found throughout Giulani's smaller work. However, he executed few marbles and therefore it is possible that the present pair was carved by an associate.
L. A. Ronzoni and J. Kräftner, Giovanni Giuliani (1664-1744), exh. cat. Liechtenstein Museum, Vienna, 2005, vol. 2, pp. 175-177, nos. 101-102