Henry Dasson (1825-1896) established his workshop at 106, rue Vielle du Temple, after a brief career at rue des Nonnains-d’ Hières in the fabrication of bronze artifacts and clocks in association with Emile Godeau. A gifted draftsman, Dasson studied under Justin Marie Lequien, professor at the École Superieur Turgot. In 1871, he bought the workshop and stock for 14,000 francs from the widow of the ébéniste Charles-Guillaume Winckelsen, and soon became recognized as a brilliant ébéniste and bronzier. Specializing mostly in the production of works from the Garde Meuble National, he participated in the 1878 Paris Exposition Universelle prompting critic Louis Gonse to comment: ‘nouveau venu dans la carrière industrielle, Henri Dasson s'est rapidement crée par la perfection de ses oeuvres une très haute situation à laquelle nous applaudissons chaleureusement.’ He was made a Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur in 1883 and was awarded the Grand Prix Artistique at the 1889 Paris Exposition Universelle. When the business closed in 1894, an auction was organized to clear the remainder of his stock.
Please call 1-800-555-5555 to order a print catalog for this sale.
Online Registration to Bid is Closed for this Sale. Would you like to watch the live sale?Watch Live Sale