A blanc-de-chine porcelain figure, illustrated in Izarn, P. Les porcelaines montées au XVIIIeme siècle, Paris, 2015, pp.24-25, cat. no. 11, feature similar gilt-bronze nozzles and drip panels. Similarly, a pair of gilt-bronze mounted figures as a three-light candelabra is illustrated in Kjellberg, P. Objets Montés du Moyen Age à nos Jours, Paris, 2000, p.92. Furthermore, a pair of figures with similar hairstyles and clothes, dated between the late 17th century and early 18th century, is illustrated in Blumenfield, Robert H. Blanc de Chine: the great porcelain of Dehua, Berkeley, 2002, p.82., fig.c.
Baron James de Rothschild (1878-1957)
James Armand Edmond de Rothschild was the grandson of James Rothschild (1792-1868) also known as the founder of the French branch of the Rothschild banking dynasty. He and his wife Dorothy Pinto divided their time between a house in Park Street, London, and an apartment on the Champs Elysées in Paris. In 1922, he inherited Waddesdon Manor, which he later bequeathed, with its contents, to the National Trust. In England, James became involved with the political and social life of the area: he sat in the House of Commons until 1945, became Deputy Lieutenant for the City of London, but also made frequent appearances in the society pages of the newspapers.