Always associated with the highest quality, Nicole, Nielson & Co. was originally founded in 1840 in London at 80B Dean Street. Its founders, Adolphe Nicole and Jules Capt, later moved the firm to 14 Soho Square. It was in 1876 when Nicole, Nielsen & Co. was born, after the death of Jules Capt. The company produced some of the greatest tourbillons and other watches with repeating, chronograph and perpetual calendar complications. They also manufactured watches for some of London's greatest retailers, such as Charles Frodsham and Dent. The company finally closed in 1934.
The present watch is a terrific example of a high quality split seconds chronograph with very heavy English case and original fitted presentation box.