Such blue and white earthenware had its origins from Eastern production centres such as Kufa, Basra and Baghdad, only later finding its way into Islamic Al-Andalus. Following the thirteenth century Christian conquest in the region, Muslim artisans were granted the right to work freely in the region upon the payment of a small tax. The exchanges between Islamic and Christian artisans produced a hybrid style of ceramics symptomatic of the artistic openness of fifteenth century Iberia. This is exemplified through the combination of aniconic Andalusian vegetal motifs coupled with the human image of a woman on these jars (Martinez Caviró 1991, p.158, fig.158). A collection of similar shaped blue-and-white jars can be found in the Victoria & Albert Museum (inv.nos. 47-1907, 49-1907 & 50-1907).