JEFF KOONS | Girl with Lobster
35,000 - 45,000 USD
bidding is closed
- Jeff Koons
- Girl with Lobster
- signed, dated 1 14 and numbered 27/40
- archival pigmented inkjet with silkscreen on hot pressed natural paper
- Sheet: 54 1/4 by 45 in. 138 by 114.3 cm.
- Framed: 57 by 48 by 2 in. 144.8 by 121.9 by 5 cm.
- Executed in 2014, this work is number 27 from an edition of 40, plus 10 artist's proofs.
Jeff Koons directed and shot a seven-image portfolio of the actress Gretchen Mol as Bettie Page for The New York Times in the March 12, 2006 issue. Referencing this portfolio, Girl with Lobster, 2014, is a limited-edition print by Jeff Koons that features Gretchen Mol, the star of The Notorious Bettie Page, aside his iconic lobster inflatable with a reflective silver line drawing in the foreground that for the artist references fertility, Mother Nature, and the painting The Origin of the World by Gustave Courbet.