SIR DAVID ADJAYE | Washington Corona™ (RED) Coffee Table
40,000 - 60,000 USD
bidding is closed
- Washington Corona™ (RED) Coffee Table
- signed on one of the legs
- Tabletop: optically clear glass with a jewel-polished, chamfered edgeBase: four die-cast aluminum panels with internal chrome and red lacquered finish, connected by aluminum plates and stainless steel hardware
- 40 3/4 by 40 3/4 by 15 3/4 in. 103.5 by 103.5 by 40 cm.
- Executed in 2013, this work is unique and designed by David Adjaye for Knoll, Inc. exclusively for the (RED) Auction. This work was donated to the (RED) Auction by Knoll, Inc.
Designed by Sir David Adjaye for Knoll, Inc. exclusively for the RED auction is a unique metallic red version of the Washington Corona™ Coffee Table. The table reflects Sir David Adjaye's distinctive architectural and sculptural vision, translated into furniture form. Of the collection, David states “The Washington Collection is an investigation into form, materials, balance and weight. I wanted to create furniture that is both playful and beautiful – appearing light yet also expressing monumentality.” The Washington Collection draws on many elements of Sir David Adjaye's design for The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. The table is constructed from four die-cast aluminum panels, connected by aluminum connector plates and stainless steel hardware and is sprayed with a reflective chrome-like base coat, topped with a Red tinted clear coat.