- Abraham-Louis-Rodolphe Ducros
- View of the Poseidon Temple, Paestum
- Pen and black and gray ink and watercolor over traces of black chalk;
bears pen and brown ink inscription on the reverse: Temple de Pestum / Dessin original de Ducros and also bears numbering on an added piece of paper on the reverse: B./Ao 279.a.
- 351 by 504 mm; 13¾ by 19 7/8 in
For other views of Paestum's ancient temples by Ducros see Abraham-Louis-Rodolphe Ducros Un Peintre suisse en Italie, exhib. cat., Lausanne, Musée des Beaux-Arts, 1998, cat. nos. 54 and 55, reproduced.
1. Images of the Grand Tour, Louis Ducros 1748-1810, exhib. cat., Kenwood, The Iveagh Bequest; Manchester, The Whitworth Art Gallery; Lausanne, Musée Cantonal des Beaux-Arts, 1985-86, under cat. no. 40