1. The Eccentricities of a Nightingale, or The Sun That Warms the Dark. Ca. 1948. Typescript heavily corrected. 77 pp. Title page inscribed in pencil, "First draft. 'Summer of the Long Knives,' Rome, Paris, Venice, Paris, & London."
2. Orpheus Descending. Ca. 1953. Manuscript in pencil, 2 pp on Palace Hotel (Madrid) letterhead.
3. Out Cry; or, The Two-Character Play. Ca. 1970–73. Corrected typescript, approximately 65 pages, some on hotel stationery from New York, Bangkok, and Positano. With a few letters and notes concerning the play and a multigraphed copy of The Two-Character Play (1970).
4. The Everlasting Ticket. Ca. 1980. Corrected typescript, approximately 30pp.
5. The Notebook of Trigorin. A free adaptation of The Seagull. Ca. 1981. Corrected typescript and photocopy, approximately 50pp.
6. 12pp. of manuscript notes possibly relating to Summer and Smoke. Ca. 1940s.
6 poems in typescript and manuscript, including "A Wreath for Alexandra Molotsova," "Near the Silence," "You Would Not Understand,"Poem for Froggie," "A Big Storn Blew," and "For Not as You Are Now". 9pp.
1. Untitled essay re: the actress Anna Magnani. Corrected typescript, 4pp.
2, "About 'Evasions'". Corrected typescript, 3pp. With carbon typescript of a later draft, 4pp.
[With]: A group of multigraphed and carbon-copy scripts comprising 7 plays, 1 screenplay, and 1 novel: 'Slapstick Tragedy' (1966) — 'Moise and the World of Reason' (1974) —'The Red Devil Battery Sign' (1976) — 'Tiger Tail' (1977) — 'Vieux Carre' (1977) — 'Three Works for Lyric Theatre' (n.d.) — 'Masks Outrageous' (n.d.) — 'The Chalky White Substance' (n.d.) — 'The Fugitive Kind' (n.d.) — 'Secret Places of the Heart' (n.d.)
Please call 1-800-555-5555 to order a print catalog for this sale.
Online Registration to Bid is Closed for this Sale. Would you like to watch the live sale?Watch Live Sale