FROM THE FAMILY OF THE ORIGINAL OWNER
Audemars Piguet confirms that the movement was originally created in 1907, then 'abandoned at an unknown date'. It was then finished and cased in the 1960s, and sold in New York in 1968.
For a similar example, no. 26865, see Brunner, G., Pfeiffer-Belli, C. & Wehrli, M., Audemars Piguet, Masterpieces of Classical Watchmaking, 1993, p.155.
With its early 1900s movement, and its 1960s bold and angular case format, the present lot brings the viewer on a horological and design journey from the first to the second half of the last century. One can only imagine the delight with which the watchmakers at Audemars Piguet discovered this highly complicated movement, encapsulated from a previous generation. It would be their privilege to fit this treasure into a suitably important case, just as it would have been some 60 years earlier.
Please call 1-800-555-5555 to order a print catalog for this sale.
Online Registration to Bid is Closed for this Sale. Would you like to watch the live sale?Watch Live Sale