- Patek Phillipe
- A YELLOW GOLD PERPETUAL CALENDAR CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH WITH REGISTERS AND MOON-PHASESREF 2499 MVT 869467 CASE 2700425 MADE IN 1977
- YELLOW GOLD, MANUAL WINDING
- diameter 38 mm
"In response to your inquiry, we are pleased to provide you with a general report of the condition of the property described above. All dimensions in catalogue descriptions are approximate. Condition reports may not specify mechanical replacements or imperfections to the movement, case, dial, pendulum, separate base(s) or dome. Watches in water-resistant cases have been opened to examine movements but no warranties are made that the watches are currently water-resistant. Please note that we do not guarantee the authenticity of any individual component parts, such as wheels, hands, crowns, crystals, screws, bracelets and leather bands, since subsequent repairs and restoration work may have resulted in the replacement of original parts. Since we are not professional conservators or restorers, we urge you to consult with a restorer or conservator of your choice who will be better able to provide a detailed, professional report. Prospective buyers should inspect each lot to satisfy themselves as to condition and must understand that any statement made by Sotheby's is merely a subjective, qualified opinion. Prospective buyers should also refer to any Important Notices regarding this sale, which are printed in the Sale Catalogue. In particular, please note it is the purchaser's responsibility to comply with any applicable import and export matters, particularly in relation to lots incorporating materials from endangered species.NOTWITHSTANDING THIS REPORT OR ANY DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING A LOT, ALL LOTS ARE OFFERED AND SOLD AS IS" IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS PRINTED IN THE SALE CATALOGUE."
**Please be advised that bands made of materials derived from endangered or otherwise protected species (i.e. alligator and crocodile) are not sold with the watches and are for display purposes only. We reserve the right to remove these bands prior to shipping."
During this time, only 349 pieces were made, averaging 9 watches per year.
Reference 2499 underwent four major evolutions:
• produced between 1950 – 1960, the first was distinguished by its square chronograph pushers, applied Arabic numerals and, in most examples, a tachymeter scale.
• produced between 1955 – 1964, the second series introduced round chronograph pushers, either applied baton or applied Arabic numerals and tachymeter scale.
• produced between 1960 to 1978, the third series, to which the present lot belongs, is distinguished by its minimal dial design, having removed the tachymeter scale.
• produced between 1978 and 1985, the fourth series, so-called 2499/100, differed from the third series by its sapphire crystal display back.
This lot has remained in the possession of the original owner until now and this is the first time it is being offered at auction.