- Patek Phillipe
- A YELLOW GOLD PERPETUAL CALENDAR CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH WITH REGISTERS AND MOON-PHASES
REF 2499 MVT 869467 CASE 2700425 MADE IN 1977
- YELLOW GOLD, MANUAL WINDING
- diameter 38 mm
During this time, only 349 pieces were made, averaging 9 watches per year.
Reference 2499 underwent four major evolutions:
• produced between 1950 – 1960, the first was distinguished by its square chronograph pushers, applied Arabic numerals and, in most examples, a tachymeter scale.
• produced between 1955 – 1964, the second series introduced round chronograph pushers, either applied baton or applied Arabic numerals and tachymeter scale.
• produced between 1960 to 1978, the third series, to which the present lot belongs, is distinguished by its minimal dial design, having removed the tachymeter scale.
• produced between 1978 and 1985, the fourth series, so-called 2499/100, differed from the third series by its sapphire crystal display back.
This lot has remained in the possession of the original owner until now and this is the first time it is being offered at auction.