An inscription appears on the bottom of one of the two projects : a quote from a letter written by Theodoric (474-526), King of Goths, to his first architect : "It is an honorable position and a design worthy of glory for one who aims to deliver monuments to the centuries to come, which will be subject to admiration of posterity".
- Paper slightly faded : light discoloration visible due to a previous framing
- Both sheets of paper seem to have been rolled up and folded
- A horizontal folding on the middle of both compositions is visible ; the composition with the arch seems to have suffered more and shows minor scratches and tears in that area
- Irregularities of the paper
- A few minor holes and scratches are scattered on the surface
- A few foxing spots appear on the surface
- On the composition with the arch, a humidity stain appear upper left
- On the composition with the arch, there seems to be an old restoration in the middle of the composition. "In response to your inquiry, we are pleased to provide you with a general report of the condition of the property described above. Since we are not professional conservators or restorers, we urge you to consult with a restorer or conservator of your choice who will be better able to provide a detailed, professional report. Prospective buyers should inspect each lot to satisfy themselves as to condition and must understand that any statement made by Sotheby's is merely a subjective, qualified opinion. Prospective buyers should also refer to any Important Notices regarding this sale, which are printed in the Sale Catalogue. NOTWITHSTANDING THIS REPORT OR ANY DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING A LOT, ALL LOTS ARE OFFERED AND SOLD AS IS" IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS PRINTED IN THE SALE CATALOGUE."