- Takashi Murakami
- Lionel Messi and a Universe of Flowers
- signed and dated 2014 on the reverse
- acrylic and platinum leaf on canvas laid down on board
- 180 by 180cm.; 70 7/8 by 70 7/8 in.
- This work is number 1 from an edition of 1, plus 1 artist's proof.
'1 in 11' will show the world that integrating sport and play into education can be the catalyst to unlock a child’s potential.” Takashi Murakami, 2014.
Lionel Messi plays for Spanish club FC Barcelona and is the captain for the Argentina national team. In 2009, he won his first Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards. He followed this up by winning the inaugural FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2010, and then again in 2011 and 2012 being the unique Football Player of the history with 4 FIFA Ballon d’Or and consecutive ones. At the age of 24, Messi became Barcelona's all-time top scorer in all official club competitions. In September 2014 he scored his 400th senior career goal for club and country aged just 27. Messi is the all-time top scorer in La Liga history, and the actual all-time leading goal scorer in the UEFA Champions League.