319

Details & Cataloguing

Magnificent Jewels

|
Geneva

Gold and diamond necklace, Verger Freres, 1940s
Designed as a stylised collar accented with single-cut diamonds, centring on a rope work knot suspending a pair of circular- and single-cut diamond drops, length approximately 340mm, French assay and maker's marks.
Read Condition Report Read Condition Report

Catalogue Note

The house of Verger was originally founded by Ferdinand Verger (1851-1928), the name changing to ‘Verger Frères’ in 1911 when the business was taken over by his sons Georges and Henri. Known for their distinctive designs, the house often sold their creations onto some of the greatest jewellery houses of the time.

Magnificent Jewels

|
Geneva