Henry Dasson (1825-1896) established his workshop at 106, rue Vielle du Temple, after a brief career at rue des Nonnains-d'Hières in the fabrication of bronze artifacts and clocks in association with Godot. In 1871, he bought the workshop and stock for 14,000 francs from the widow of the ébéniste Charles-Guillaume Winckelsen, and soon became recognized as a brilliant ébéniste and bronzier. Specializing primarily in the production of works from the Garde Meuble National, he participated in the Paris 1878 Exposition Universelle, prompting critic Louis Gonse to comment, "nouveau venu dans la carrière industrielle Henri Dasson s'est rapidement crée par la perfection de ses oeuvres une très haute situation à laquelle nous applaudissons chaleureusement." He was made a Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur in 1883 and was awarded the Grand Prix Artistique at the Paris 1889 Exposition Universelle. When the business finally closed in 1894, an auction was organized to clear the remainder of his stock.