This leading manufacturer of chandeliers was founded in 1756 by William Parker, later becoming Parker & Perry before finally changing their name to Perry & Co. in 1817, until closure of the business in 1935. The company established themselves as London's most eminent glass manufacturers, providing fittings for Royal residences such as Carlton House and the Royal Pavilion, Brighton, as well as those of the senior nobility and gentry, including the well known connoisseur and collector William Beckford. From the middle of the 19th century the company was owned by Messrs Willis and Miley, who had purchased it from George and Richard Perry. Perry & Co. moved to Grafton Street in 1890 and after which Bartlett himself purchased the business, although he only retained it for a few years before selling it to Rigby Watson in 1902 (see Martin Mortimer, The English Glass Chandelier, 2000, pp.150-155).
Related chandeliers sold Sotheby's London, 7 July 1995, lot 8, the same rooms, 9 July 1999, lot 53 and Sotheby's, `The Leverhulme Collection', Wirral, Cheshire, 26-28th June 2001, lot 277 and another example sold in these rooms, 8th December 2009, lot 39.