- Damien Hirst
- Beautiful Love Survival Painting with Beautiful Butterflies
- signed, titled and dated 2008 on the reverse; signed on the stretcher
- butterflies and household gloss on canvas in artist's frame
- 213.3 by 213.3cm.; 84 by 84in.
- including frame: 237.5 by 237.5 by 16cm.; 93 1/2 by 93 1/2 by 6 1/4 in.
Survival International is a human rights organisation that helps tribal peoples defend their lives, protect their lands and determine their own futures. It was founded in 1969, following an article by Norman Lewis in the Sunday Times Magazine about the genocide against Brazilian Indians.
Today Survival is the only international organisation working for tribal peoples around the world, with supporters in 82 countries, and offices in London, Paris, Milan, Madrid, Berlin and Amsterdam.
It works for tribal peoples' rights in three complementary ways: education, advocacy and campaigns. It offers tribal peoples themselves a platform to address the world, working closely with local indigenous organisations, and focuses on tribal peoples who have the most to lose, usually those most recently in contact with the outside world. For more information, visit www.survival-international.org