with a fluted ormolu finial above an inverted baluster-shaped porcelain standard issuing six ormolu foliate scrolled candle arms above a porcelain foliate and fluted pepper-pot shaped dish with a further foliate and fluted ormolu knop, the majority of the nozzles struck with the "C" couronné poinçon.
The porcelain factory of Capodimonte was founded by Charles III, King of Naples in 1743. In 1759 Charles left Naples to assume the throne of Spain and the porcelain factory was transported to a new location at Buen Retiro, near Madrid. The products of the two factories are difficult to distinguish, particularly around the period of transition, since molds were transported from Naples to Buen Retiro and re-used. The wares of both factories are frequently unmarked. A polychrome enameled chandelier of related type, fitted with porcelain arms, attributed to Capodimonte and dated 1755-59, is illustrated by Nicola Spinosa et al, Porcellane de Capodimonte La Real Fabbrica di Carlo di Borbone 1743-1759, p. 202, no. 122.
Please call 1-800-555-5555 to order a print catalog for this sale.
Online Registration to Bid is Closed for this Sale. Would you like to watch the live sale?Watch Live Sale