123
JUMP TO LOT
JUMP TO LOT

Details & Cataloguing

European Sculpture & Works of Art

|
London

A crucifix, Austrian, 18th century
polychrome and giltwood, the corpus with head drooping to the left, the gilt perizonium tied to the left, with a crown made from real twisted twigs, on ebonised wood cross with giltwood plaque inscribed INRI
h.81cm.
Read Condition Report Read Condition Report

Catalogue Note

This dead Christ with elongated limbs and expressionistic features can be associated with those crucifixes created within the sphere of Johann Michael Fischer (1717-1801). Compare to a crucifix by Fischer in the Church of St. Ulrich and St. Martin, Wittislingen, illustrated by Gantner & Kaeß.

RELATED LITERATURE
B. Gantner & F. Kaeß, Johann Michael Fischer (1717-1801), Berlin, 2001, no.68.7, pp.250-251
 

European Sculpture & Works of Art

|
London