In 2012, the Sotheby’s International Realty® brand saw the sale of many significant properties, proving that markets around the world continue to remain robust.
In the United States, for instance, signs of an improving real estate market continue, and we are encouraged by these indications.
On a global front, it appears that Europe is showing signs of improvement, as is the United Kingdom. Although the Asian market has slowed down in recent months, analysts forecast continued strong growth, particularly in China next year, and many in our network are seeing an increased interest in Asian buyers looking to purchase in the United States as well. At the Sotheby’s International Realty brand we have made expansion in the Asia Pacific market a priority and have increased our sales and support staff in that area to accommodate future growth.
As we enter 2013, we reflect on some of the world’s most remarkable properties that have changed hands through the Sotheby’s International Realty network last year.
1. Burger Sotheby’s International Realty | €48,000,000 EUROS, $60,000,000 USD | France
The legendary Palais Maeterlinck, located on the French Riviera, was the former home of famed Nobel Prize winner Maurice Maeterlinck and his wife, artist Renée Dahon.
Continue by viewing the slideshow below:
2. Rome Sotheby’s International Realty | €35,500,00 EUROS, $45,850,000 USD | Italy
Located in Sorrento, Villa Tritone is considered one of Italy’s most unique and elegant seafront properties.
3. Premier Sotheby’s International Realty | $42,000,000 USD | Florida, USA
Port Royal is an enchanting estate located directly on the Gulf of Mexico and is surrounded by 200 feet of Florida beachfront.
Palladian Villa, located on Indian Creek Island known for its privacy and luxury real estate, is an island of less than 40 residents in Miami Beach, Florida.
5. Bluegrass Sotheby’s International Realty | Price Undisclosed | Kentucky, USA
Located in Lexington, Kentucky, the legendary Calumet Farm is comprised of nearly 800 beautiful white-fenced acres of prized equestrian property.
6. Sotheby’s International Realty-Upper East Side Brokerage | $26,750,000 USD | New York, USA
Encompassing the entire 16th floor and with sweeping views of Central Park, this beautiful 14-room New York City apartment is a masterful example of opulence and luxury.
7. Sotheby’s International Realty-Bridgehampton Brokerage | $25,750,000 USD | New York, USA
This historic Queen Anne-style, three-story summer cottage was designed by famed architect, William B. Tuthill, designer of Carnegie Hall, in 1891.
8. Sotheby’s International Realty-Bridgehampton Brokerage | $25,000,000 USD | New York, USA
This 14+ acre private waterfront farm consists of two parcels and had been in the same family for generations.
9. HOM Sotheby’s International Realty | $22,000,000 USD | California, USA
Located in the private community of Bayshores in Newport Beach, California, this is one of the finest waterfront properties on Newport Harbor with more than one half acre looking across the widest expanse of the bay.
10. Sotheby’s International Realty-Montecito-Coast Village Road Brokerage | $21,500,000 USD | California, USA
Located on the coast of California, this spectacular estate offers panoramic views over the Santa Barbara coastline.