A pair of French bronze saluting cannon, dated 1708
probably made for the then Swiss city of Badenweiler, Herrschaft, with tapering multi-stage barrels, with raised astragal mouldings, chiselled with the names 'Le Lion’ and 'La Lione' on a scroll on the respective chases, finely chiselled with the city's coat-of-arms, each on a later iron-clad wooden field carriage with iron-shod spoked cambered wheels
overall 127cm. long, 57cm. wide; 4ft. 2in., 22½in.
Acquired from Mallett, London.