- Joined Sotheby’s Hong Kong in 2004
- Sales under her leadership have achieved record-breaking prices
- Former Sotheby’s Graduate Trainee in the Jewellery and Chinese Works of Art departments
- Earned Bachelor of Arts degree with distinction in Chinese Literature and History from Yale University
- Speaks fluent Mandarin, English and Spanish
Vanessa Herrera joined Sotheby’s Hong Kong in 2004 and was soon named Head of the Watches department.
Under her leadership, Sotheby’s sales of Watches in Hong Kong have been highly successful. In April 2010, the Important Watches sale realised the highest total ever achieved by Sotheby’s Hong Kong in a various-owners sale of its kind, topping the previous record achieved in October 2008. In April 2008 at the white-glove Legacy of a Collector theme sale, an extraordinary Patek Philippe Ref. 5002P Sky Moon Tourbillion platinum double-dialled wristwatch set a world auction record for any modern wristwatch. Also, a fine A Lange & Söhne Tourbograph Pour le Mérite set a world auction record for a wristwatch by that maker, and a rare Patek Philippe Ref. 5102G Celestial white gold automatic astronomical wristwatch set a world auction record for Patek Philippe.
Ms Herrera began her career at Sotheby’s as a Graduate Trainee working in the Jewellery and Chinese Works of Art departments, before training as a Watches Specialist in 2005.
She frequently travels to the major Asian cities appraising, exhibiting and lecturing on fine Watches. She speaks fluent Mandarin, English and Spanish.
Ms Herrera joined the company after earning a Bachelor of Arts degree with distinction in Chinese Literature and History from Yale University.