PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF SIR PETER MOORES CBE DL, REMOVED FROM PARBOLD HALL, LANCASHIRE
Morel and Seddon’s partnership was primarily formed to carry out the Windsor commission, Nicholas Morel having been chosen as the furniture maker in charge of re-furnishing the Castle. It appears that he was in charge of the major artistic decisions, whereas George Seddon III’s extensive workshops provided experienced draughtsmen managers and skilled workmen, Seddon himself also running the business side of the project. As with Morel and his then partner Robert Hughes’s extensive commission for the re-furnishing of Northumberland House for the Duke of Northumberland in the early 1820’s, the furniture designed for George IV displays the extensive use of not only richly figured rosewood veneers, but also the lighter coloured woods such as satinwood, birch and amboyna, both in the solid and as decorative veneers. Many of the carved elements and mouldings were oil gilded which provides a ‘flatter’ finish which cannot be burnished again, a decorative flourish seen on the scrolled supports of these tables.
A Retro Racing Watch for the Modern Man
First Look: A Nearly Impossible Collection of the Most Legendary Wines
10 Dazzling Jewels from the Bourbon Parma Family Collection
First Look: Relive the 1990s Through the Collection of Damien Hirst’s Legendary Manager
Market-leading Contemporary Art Sales in Asia
Please call 1-800-555-5555 to order a print catalog for this sale.
Online Registration to Bid is Closed for this Sale. Would you like to watch the live sale?Ver Subasta En Directon