From Cartier, Tiffany & Co. and Van Cleef & Arpels, to top-quality gemstones, Sotheby’s finds and sells the world’s finest jewelry to a global audience of collectors. Our jewelry specialists provide confidential auction estimates to determine a piece of jewelry's potential at auction, guiding clients through every step of the consignment and sale process.
The market for signed and vintage jewelry, as well as precious stones including colored and white diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds, is incredibly strong. Sotheby’s continues to be the market leader in selling fine jewelry at auction, engaging our network of specialists in major cities such as Hong Kong, Geneva, Paris, London and New York to provide one-on-one attention to connoisseurs and collectors around the world. To receive an auction estimate, simply submit images of your jewelry online. Complimentary estimates are provided for each item that meets our minimum consignment value ($5,000 in New York, £3,000 in London and HK$40,000 in Hong Kong).The Most Valuable Jewels of 2018 by BirthstoneLaunch Slideshow
Request an Estimate
Register, log in to your Sothebys.com account or inquire below to receive your complimentary auction estimate.
For all cities, please continue to scroll to get full contact list.
Selling Jewelry with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Jewelry Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 0022
NEW YORK: +1 646 518 8553
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5803 0036
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8645
PARIS: +33 1 53 05 52 37
MILAN: +39 02 29 500 201
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
MADRID: +34 91 123 4218
MONTE CARLO: 8009 3827
Jewelry Sold at Sotheby's
1779LotAN IMPORTANT AND SPECTACULAR RUBY AND DIAMOND RINGan important and spectacular ruby and diamond ring3 April 2018 | Sale Price 86,392,500 HKDEstimate 82,000,000 – 92,000,000 HKD3 April 2018 | Sale Price 86,392,500 HKDMagnificent Jewels and Jadeite3 April 2018 | 1:30 PM HKT | Hong Kong
1860LotVery Rare and Exquisite Art Deco Gem Set and Diamond Bracelet, 'Tutti-Frutti', Cartiervery rare and exquisite art deco gem set and diamond bracelet, 'tutti-frutti', cartier3 October 2017 | Sale Price 13,900,000 HKDEstimate 10,500,000 – 14,000,000 HKD3 October 2017 | Sale Price 13,900,000 HKDMagnificent Jewels and Jadeite3 October 2017 | 1:30 PM HKT | Hong Kong
135LotMYSTERY-SET RUBY AND DIAMOND BROOCH, VAN CLEEF & ARPELSmystery-set ruby and diamond brooch, van cleef & arpels4 December 2018 | Sale Price 567,000 USDEstimate 125,000 – 175,000 USD4 December 2018 | Sale Price 567,000 USDMagnificent Jewels4 December 2018 | 10:00 AM EST | New York
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best way to evaluate and sell jewelry?Trust Sotheby’s to inspect, evaluate and sell your special ring, necklace, bracelet, brooch, earrings, cufflinks, diamonds and gemstones. If you are considering selling your signed or unsigned diamond, sapphire, ruby, emerald, pearl, gold or platinum jewelry, simply send photographs, relevant paperwork, gemological certificates and other background information to Sotheby’s for an auction estimate.
- Where does Sotheby's sell jewelry?Sotheby's sells jewelry at auction in New York, London, Hong Kong, Geneva, Paris, and Milan as well as in online auctions that occur throughout the year. When you submit your jewelry for review by our specialists, they will consider your location as well as the current market demand when determining in which auction your jewelry should be included.
- How is today’s diamond market performing?The increasing rarity of the most exceptional white and colored diamonds means that the top end of the market is very much supply driven. There is a huge imbalance between supply and demand for colored diamonds as clients are willing to compete for the chance to own these rare and beautiful gems. Because colored diamonds are not commoditised, Sotheby’s has played a vital role in establishing and fueling this market, setting trends, and educating clients. Sotheby’s world record-breaking stones demonstrate the lengths that clients will go to in order to own a diamond valued in the same realm as a work of art by a master artist.
- Are rubies, sapphires and emeralds also in demand?With the extreme shortage of fine quality gems, prices for truly exceptional Burmese rubies, Kashmir, Burmese and Ceylon sapphires and Colombian emeralds continue to soar. Demand is outpacing supply and the auctions of incredible private collections and phenomenal gems have been generating remarkable prices. With Sotheby’s exemplary history of bringing exceptionally rare gems to market, we invite you to join us in making market history. Take advantage of a strong market and consign now . We are currently accepting consignments for Sotheby's international jewelry sales.
- What factors do you consider when evaluating jewelry?Sotheby's specialists take into account several factors when evaluating your bracelet, necklace, earrings, brooch, ring, or other jewelry. General condition, the maker (such as Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, or Harry Winston), provenance, and comparable auction prices all play a role in determining the value.
- Can I schedule an in-person appointment with a jewelry specialist?Yes, our jewelry specialists are located in Geneva, New York, London, Hong Kong, Paris, and Milan, and they also travel frequently to view pieces of jewelry in person. Schedule an appointment or inquire about a visit by calling or emailing your closest Sotheby's office.
GENEVA: +41 22 531 0022 , GenevaJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
NEW YORK: +1 646 518 8553 , NewYorkJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
HONG KONG: +852 5803 0036 , HongKongJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
LONDON: +44 (0)20 3868 8645 , LondonJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
PARIS: +33 (0)1 85 14 96 56 , ParisJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
MILAN: +39 (0)22 950 0201 , MilanJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873 , JapanJewelsInquiry@sothebys.com
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy, consign and sell jewelry and unique jewels such as antique, vintage, modern, new, used and pre-owned women’s jewelry, engagement ring, wedding ring, wedding band, diamond ring, diamond pendant necklace, pearl necklace, ear clips, platinum and gold earrings, pearl earrings, brooch, diamond watch, or tiara with diamonds, estate jewelry, sapphire, emerald, ruby, aquamarine, turquoise, lapis lazuli, citrine, coral, onyx, pearls, yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, pink gold, silver or platinum, from jewelry houses including Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Bulgari, Buccellati, Boucheron, Hemmerle, Oscar Heyman, Van Cleef & Arpels, David Webb, Seaman Schepps, Verdura, Henry Dunay, Michele della Valle, Schlumberger, Sterlé, Aletto Brothers, Chaumet, Chopard, Graff, JAR, Marina B, Marchak, Tony Duquette, Zolotas, Lalique, Harry Winston, and Suzanne Belperron.