The Collection Management & Advisory team at Sotheby’s Wine offers our unrivaled expertise in building and maintaining personally tailored wine collections.
For Those Who Would Like To Build A Wine Collection:
If you enjoy wine and are interested in taking it to the next level by building a new collection, our passionate and savvy Wine Advisors will develop and execute a buying strategy that fits your lifestyle. Regardless of your existing wine knowledge, we will create a customized tasting for you to identify your personal preferences and collection goals. Whether your ambitions are small or large in scale, and whether for your own drinking pleasure, for your children’s future enjoyment, for entertaining, or for investment, we will help you to visualize and build the perfect collection for you.
For Those Who Would Like Advice Regarding Their Wine Collection:
Most wine collections reach a point where they would benefit from some professional advice. Cellars continue to evolve over time, as does the collector’s taste, and frequently consumption patterns no longer match what’s in the cellar. Organization systems often don’t get updated accurately and it's easy to lose track of your collection and what wines may be approaching maturity. We will review your cellar and devise a comprehensive plan for refining your collection, including advising on producers, vintages, values, drinking windows, buying and selling. Our Wine Advisors provide further insight with detailed cellar analysis and consumption reports.
Sotheby’s Wine’s in house advisory team leverages our institutional expertise in both Auction and Retail markets and uses our knowledge and data to provide you the full scope of wine services. Through decades of experience and market leadership, as well as our global reach, Sotheby’s Wine has cultivated invaluable relationships with key players in the wine market which uniquely position us with access to the world’s finest and rarest wines.
Our bespoke services include:
– Initial consultation and curated tasting to identify collection goals and wine preferences
– Development of a cellar strategy and recommendations for buying, drinking and selling wines in your collection
– Annual portfolio analysis and reporting
– Facilitation of purchases from trusted sources
– Coordination of delivery and installation of wines
– Data entry, photo documentation and maintenance in Sotheby’s Wine’s virtual collection management system, available 24/7
– Physical inventory and reporting
– Cellar organization
– Appraisals and valuations
– Concierge services including tastings, education, wine menu planning for events and gifts
– Sommelier services
– Professional wine storage