Whether you're looking for total privacy or fulfilling a life-long dream, an isle of one's own can be one of the most exotic property purchases of a lifetime. How to find your own private island? Start by browsing through Sotheby's International Realty's unparalleled collection of private islands, and read below for the details on some of the top spots currently available for sale around the world.
Sothebysrealty.com Property ID 4000018367.
Exuma Cays, Bahamas – Thirty minutes from Nassau, in the heart of the Exuma chain of islands in the Central Bahamas, this private-island paradise will steal your heart. It could be the world's most luxurious private resort, with amenities that include:
· Living quarters for 22 in a main house and guest cottages
· Manor House with spa, gym, infinity pool, salon
· Hand-hewn stone chapel
· Recreational facilities, hiking trails, bike paths, docks, boats and Jet Skis
· Golf carts, electric service trucks and a Cessna 208 floatplane to seat 7
· Fuel, self-generating power and sophisticated telecommunications
Sothebysrealty.com Property ID 4000039275
British Virgin Islands – Ginger Island offers spectacular panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea, Sir Francis Drake Channel and, from its hilltops, some 15 other British Virgins. Situated between Virgin Gorda and Cooper Island, south of Tortola and Beef Island, it has easy access to airport or ferry connections.
With phenomenal dive sites and spectacular snorkeling surrounding it, Ginger Island has the potential to be developed as a private island resort similar to those found on nearby Peter, Necker or Guana Islands.
Sothebysrealty.com Property ID 4000035714
Abaco Islands, Bahamas – Set in the Bahamas' beautiful Abacos, the private-island retreat of Sandy Cay is a real-life oasis, with eight tropical acres of lush vibrant landscape and two white-sand beaches. Easily accessible from Marsh Harbour International Airport and 45 minutes by air from Miami International Airport, the property includes:
· A main house of more than 5,400 sq. ft. with patio and deck features a chef's kitchen with Viking stoves, a walk-in cooler, 8 seat dining area
· Four secluded residences offer full amenities and stunning ocean views
· An extensive harbour with 26-foot wide entrance channel
· A 35-foot Cabo Yacht, a 34-foot Venture and three Boston Whalers
· Four large deep-water docks, a boat ramp, dock house with storage and a full dive shop containing scuba equipment, paddle boards, kayaks and Laser sailboat
· A fitness center with high-end equipment, Direct TV, surround sound, bath and wet bar