This pine meeting-house table likely served an early 19th
century prototype for tables made by Brother Delmer C. Wilson (1873-1961) at the Shaker village in Sabbathday Lake, Maine in 1925. A table made by Brother Wilson that is very similar to this one is pictured in the dining room of the Church family dwelling house at Sabbathday Lake.1
The dining room is located in the lower rear of the 1883-1884 dwelling and the family ate its first meal there on Thanksgiving Day in 1884.
The present example was originally in the downstairs kitchen of the Trustees House at Sabbathday Lake. It was purchased from Eldress Prudence Stickney in 1933.
1 See Timothy Rieman and Jean Burks, The Encyclopedia of Shaker Furniture (Atglen, PA” Schiffer Publishing, 2003): p. 490, fig. 777.