JAMES ABBOTT MCNEILL WHISTLER | The Rialto (Kennedy 211; Glasgow 199)
7,000 - 10,000 GBP
bidding is closed
- James McNeill Whistler
- The Rialto (Kennedy 211; Glasgow 199)
- signed with the butterfly with shaded wings and inscribed imp in pencil (on the tab at lower left)
- etching with drypoint, printing with plate tone, an atmospheric, selectively wiped impression of Kennedy and Glasgow's first state (of three), on laid paper with a WW watermark
- sheet: 29.9 by 20.2cm.; 11 3/4 by 8in.
- Executed between 1879 and 1880, Glasgow cites 36 impressions of this subject.
Ex coll. Albert W. Scholle (L. 2923a); Harris Whittemore (L. 1384a)