A late Regency painted and giltwood harp by Jacob and James Erat, circa 1820
1,000 - 1,500 GBP
bidding is closed
- giltwood, metal
with an label engraved 'Jacob and James Erat, 23 Berners St., London, No. 1867', with a green painted frame, re-decorated
Jacob Erat worked in the Erard factory as foreman in the late 18th century and set up on his own business at 100 Wardour Street, London, and moved to larger premises at 23 Berners Street in 1817. Following Jacob Erat's death in 1821 his sons took over the business and continued making harps until 1858.