- Georges Fouquet
- aquamarine, pearl and diamond
Designed as five graduated floral motifs, each set with a cushion shaped aquamarine within a petalled border of circular-cut and rose diamonds and natural pearl accents, the pearls measuring from approximately 5.00 to 8.50mm, on a later tiara frame, five detachable brooch pins and a pair of earring fittings and two later fitted cases.
Marie-Noël de Gary, ed. A. Kenneth Snowman, 'Fouquet', The Master Jewelers,
London, 1990, pgs. 166 and 171, for an illustration and discussion on the original tiara by Fouquet.
Cf: Charlotte Gere and Geoffrey C. Munn, Artists' Jewellery: Pre-Raphaelite to Arts and Crafts, London, 1989, pg. 219, colour plate 99 for an illustration of this tiara, with the later fitting.
Cf: ed. Marie-Noël de Gary, Les Fouquet: Bijoutiers & Joailliers à Paris 1860-1960, Paris, 1989, pg. 90 for an illustration of the original tiara.
The tiara with detachable brooches was originally designed by Georges Fouquet in 1908. An illustration of the original design is found in Marie-Noël de Gary's entry on Fouquet, in the book The Master Jewelers. She writes: "Georges particularly admired large stones and anything out of the ordinary... [he] had such a strong predilection for this blue stone that dealers dubbed him 'the father of the aquamarine...".