Lot 22
  • 22

A pair of Russian glass and hardstone panels attributed to the Ust-Ruditsa Lomonosov glass workshops, Russia circa 1765-1770

250,000 - 500,000 GBP
350,500 GBP
bidding is closed


each of rectangular form, one with a ribbon-tied pail applied with a ladybird, together with a wicker basket of fruit including pears, grapes, peaches, cherries, pomegranates  flanked by butterflies, carrots, a watering can, gardening hat, and scythe, the other with a scrolled bracket surmounted by two male masks and a baluster fruit-filled vase with various birds within a landscape with rockwork, trees and foliage, with various animals including a monkey in a wicker basket, together with another seated monkey, a peacock, a sheep, cat, dog, bear cub, and turtle on a stylised plinth with a stylised scallopshell beneath with simulated corals and pearls on a rocky outcrop, both within frames with a beaded  and ribboned border and faux tortoiseshell ground with turquoise diagonal stripes with three pear shaped drops at each corner