541
JUMP TO LOT
541
JUMP TO LOT

Details & Cataloguing

Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels

|
Geneva

Ruby and diamond tiara, mid-19th century
Set with foil backed rubies and circular-cut and rose diamonds, length approximately 370mm, may be worn as a necklace with a detachable chain, additional brooch fittings, inner circumference of tiara approximately 180mm, fitted case.
Read Condition Report Read Condition Report

Provenance

From the descendants of Earl Manvers and Viscount Chetwynd. The tiara was given by Lady Annora Charlotte Pierrepont of Thoresby Park, daughter of Charles Pierrepont 2nd Earl Manvers and her husband Charles Watkin Williams-Wynn, an ancient family of aristocratic Welsh politicians and owners of much of the border region of Wales, to their daughter Mary Williams-Wynn on the occasion of her marriage to Henry Goulburn Chetwynd Stapylton JP in 1886. The tiara was left by Mary Chetwynd Stapylton, nee Williams-Wynn, to her daughter Annora Esther Osmaston, nee Chetwynd Stapylton. Thence by decent.

Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels

|
Geneva