Werner and Mieth were founded in Berlin in 1792 and were given a Royal Appointment in 1794. They supplied chandeliers for the most important houses around Berlin, including the Japanese Palace, the palace of Sanssouci at Potsdam and Schloss Monbyou. Werner and Mieth even travelled to France, England and Holland to improve the technique of manufacture. In 1797, the company employed 29 people. They worked in gold, silver, bronze doré, glass, copper, cristal, tin and mercury. In 1797, King Frederic William II ordered further chandeliers for Charlottenburg, of which six were for the Winter apartments and six for the Summer. From around 1810, they became increasingly successful in exporting their wares throughout Europe, including Constantinople, eventually collaborating with Karl Friedrich Schinkel under the name Werner & Neffen.