23
23

éventail en nacre par G. Prosdocimi, vers 1880

A MOTHER-OF-PEARL FAN, G. PROSDOCIMI, CIRCA 1880
Estimate
5,0007,000
JUMP TO LOT
23

éventail en nacre par G. Prosdocimi, vers 1880

A MOTHER-OF-PEARL FAN, G. PROSDOCIMI, CIRCA 1880
Estimate
5,0007,000
JUMP TO LOT

Details & Cataloguing

Orfèvrerie Européenne, Boîtes en Or et Objets de Vitrine

|
Paris

éventail en nacre par G. Prosdocimi, vers 1880

A MOTHER-OF-PEARL FAN, G. PROSDOCIMI, CIRCA 1880

les brins repercés et sculptés de rinceaux feuillagés et oiseaux, la feuille, signée G. Prodoscimi Dip, peinte du portrait dit "du bourgmestre" d'après Gerard Terborch (1608-1681) dans un cadre d'arabesques et de bouquets de fleurs, le verso d'un monogramme élaboré

the sticks carved and pierced with foliate scrolls and birds, the leaf, signed G. Prodoscimi Dip, painted with the portrait of a gentleman, called "The Burgomaster", after Gerard Terborch (1608-1681) with a painted strapwork frame flanked by floral clusters, the reverse with an elaborate monogram


Long. 28 cm ; 11 in
Read Condition Report Read Condition Report

the sticks carved and pierced with foliate scrolls and birds, the leaf, signed G. Prodoscimi Dip, painted with the portrait called "The Burgomaster", after Gerard Terborch (1608-1681), with a painted strapwork frame flanked by floral clusters, the reverse with an elaborate monogram

Catalogue Note

C'est Anatole Demidoff, premier prince de San Donato, qui acheta le portrait dit "du Bourgmestre" le 6 mars 1872 à Paris, lors de la vente de la collection Ary Scheffer. L'oeuvre fut ensuite vendue au baron Hirsch lors de la vente de San Donato, le 15 mars 1880, lot 1108. Elle apparaît ensuite dans la collection d'Edouard Arnhold (1849-1925) mais fut saisie durant la Second Guerre mondiale et figure désormais sur la base de données mondiale Lost Art.

Anatole Demidoff, first Prince Demidoff, bought the portrait known as "The Burgomaster" on 6th March 1872 in Paris, at the auction of the Ary Scheffer collection. The painting was then sold on 15 March 1880 (lot 1108) as part of the Demidoff collection in Florence and was acquired by Baron Hirsch. It was later known to be owned by Eduard Arnhold (1849-1925) but was then seized during World War II and is now on the Lost Art database.

Orfèvrerie Européenne, Boîtes en Or et Objets de Vitrine

|
Paris