380
JUMP TO LOT
JUMP TO LOT

Details & Cataloguing

Magnificent Jewels, Noble Jewels and Jewels from the Collection of Lily Marinho

|
Geneva

Ruby and diamond parure,

1820s and later

The necklace designed as a series of ribbon scrolls set with old-mine, cushion- and rose-cut diamonds, each set to the centre with a cushion-shaped ruby in a cut-down collet and accented with a pair of ruby and diamond florets, interspersed with old-mine diamond trefoil sprigs, length approximately 395mm, accompanied by a tiara frame, a pair of pendent earrings en suite and a ring, size 48, fitted case, 

 


the flower head motif detachable from ring mount to be worn as the necklace clasp.
Read Condition Report Read Condition Report

Accompanied by SSEF report no. 50985, stating that the 15 principal rubies are of Burmese origin, with no indications of heating.

Catalogue Note

The jewels formerly belonged to Major Hon. Bernard Clive Pearson, the son of Weetman Dickinson Pearson, 1st Viscount Cowdray.  He was married on the 14th October 1915 to Hon. Alicia Mary Dorothea Knatchbull-Hugessen, daughter of Edward Hugessen Knatchbull-Hugessen, 1st Baron of Brabourne and Ethel Mary Walker.  Major Hon. Bernard Clive Pearson gained the rank of Major in the service of the Sussex Yeomanry.  They lived at Parham Park Sussex, which they purchased from the 13th Lady Zouche in 1922.  During The Second World War, the house was home to evacuee children and Canadian soldiers, the family subsequently opened the house to the public in 1948.  Parham Park 's foundation stone was laid in 1577 and  the house has been a family home ever since; today it is renowned for its collection of early needlework.

Magnificent Jewels, Noble Jewels and Jewels from the Collection of Lily Marinho

|
Geneva