107
A German Neoclassical cut glass-mounted ormolu twelve-light chandelier, by the workshop of Werner and Mieth, after a design by Karl Friedrich Schinkel
early 19th century
Schätzung
40.00060.000
Los Verkauft 43,750 USD (Hammerpreis mit Käuferprovision)
ZU LOS SPRINGEN
107
A German Neoclassical cut glass-mounted ormolu twelve-light chandelier, by the workshop of Werner and Mieth, after a design by Karl Friedrich Schinkel
early 19th century
Schätzung
40.00060.000
Los Verkauft 43,750 USD (Hammerpreis mit Käuferprovision)
ZU LOS SPRINGEN

Important English and European Furniture, Silver, Porcelain and Carpets, Including Clocks from the Teets Collection

|
New York

A German Neoclassical cut glass-mounted ormolu twelve-light chandelier, by the workshop of Werner and Mieth, after a design by Karl Friedrich Schinkel
early 19th century

Katalognotizen

Werner and Miethe were founded in Berlin in 1792 and were given a Royal Appointment in 1794. They supplied chandeliers for the most important houses around Berlin, including the Japanese Palace, the palace of Sans-Souci at Potsdam and Schloss Monbyou. Werner and Mieth even travelled to France, England and Holland to improve the technique of manufacture. In 1797, the company employed 29 people. They worked in gold, silver, bronze doré, glass, copper, cristal, tin and mercury. In 1797, King Frederic William II ordered further chandeliers for Charlottenburg, of which six were for the winter apartments and six for the summer. From around 1810, they became increasingly successful in exporting their wares throughout Europe, including Constantinople, eventually collaborating with Karl Friedrich Schinkel under the name Werner & Neffen.

Important English and European Furniture, Silver, Porcelain and Carpets, Including Clocks from the Teets Collection

|
New York